Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday, Pecos


Last night I was in Amarillo with no enternet connection.


Thursday morning when I left Gallup it was wet, cold and windy, temp in the low 40s. Since I left Vegas I have been fighting the wind, either head-on or a cross wind, 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph, it been a hard slog to say the least. I've arrive in Pecos at a decent time today and I hope to get a good start in the morning for Marfa.
The following are from Thursday.


Saw this guy in Gallup

Downtown Gallup. In Arizona and New Mexico you see a lot of Indian Jewelry stores a major part of the economy.  How much of this is real? There were also several wholesale outlets. I would be afraid to buy any of this except from the artist.

There are several of these in Gallup, They are about five feet tall.

More stores, downtown Gallup.

Western New Mexico landscape also similar looking landscape in Texas.

Eastern New Mexico landscape, enchanting.

Old Route 66 with Instate 20 in background. The photo before and following were taken from this road.

Landscape

Eastern NM close to Texas.

In NM, I forgot the town.

Just across the border into Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment